Photos (Camille Owsley - top; Lexi Van de Walle - middle, bottom): Henry Owsley and Lexi - Kellogg Cocktail Party on Nantucket Sound, Hyannis Port; Henry Eating Shrimp from The Catered Affair's Shellfish Boat; Sunset from Squaw Island Road, Hyannis Port.
A hundred or so Kellogg School of Management Alumni, Trustees, and members of the Administration and their families attended a night of parties hosted by a very generous alum and his gracious wife and mother at their homes in Hyannis Port last night.
It was a night to remember for me, Henry and Camille.
The Catered Affair of Hingham MA (located about midway between Cape Cod and Boston) catered both the cocktail party and dinner. Apparently, The Catered Affair is the premier caterer in the Boston and Cape Cod areas -- something I didn't know as a New Yorker -- and, a title that's well deserved.
The food was what I'd call "simple, elegant" and not only delicious but beautifully presented and included lots of seasonal and locavore fare.
- Mini-Native lobster sandwiches on buttered toast (to die for)
- Tiny cups of New England "Clam Chowda"
- Goat cheese stuffed pea pods
- "Raw Boat" of oysters, little necks, mussels and shrimp
- Steak served at room temperature
- Broiled Cod topped with crabmeat
- Juicy, Local Tomato Salad
- Corn Salad Medley
- Grilled Vegetable Kebabs
- Ice Cream Sundaes with fresh berries and chocolate sauce served with a HUGE ladle.